Seat is one of the car builder which seeks a young audience. In order to improve their image, they developed an essential point for the younger : “the connected tools”. Their argument is the “Full link technology”.
Thanks to this technology, you can use applications from your smartphone. The first remark from anyone is “It is not a really safety technology if you can play with your applications”, indeed… but Seat blocked the applications which can distract you.
This technology offers the following functions.
- Configuration of your car touch screen as a smartphone
- reading of text, emails and other articles (safety function)
- update of your social networks
- tracking of your driving performances (fuel consumption, speed, etc)
- Improvement of your performances with “Seat challenger”
- “Where is my car” function to find your car in a park area with your smartphone
By my side, I think that this technology is a little bit “gadget”, because except the tracking of your driving performances and the “where is my car” function, it is not essential to have all your social activities with you. In addition of this, despite of all safety efforts, I keep thinking that it is less safety than without this.